In some cases, when launching painter 2016 or ParticleShop, a client will experience a blank Welcome screen, or an Error message, as described below:
This error comes when your computers installation of Internet Explorer is not up to date. We recommend, going through Windows Updates (*http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/windows-update-faq*) and ensuring all updates have been installed.
Once Windows and Internet Explorer are updated, it’s best then, to reset the Internet Options default settings by performing the following steps:
1 Open the Control Panel
2. Change your view from Category to Large or Small Icons towards the top right.
3. Double-click on Internet Options
4. Click on the Security Tab
5. Click on the Default Level button
6. Select the Advanced Tab
7. Click on Restore advanced settings and then click on Reset just below that
8. Place a check mark into delete personal settings and then click on "Reset"
9. Once that is complete click on close.