This FAQ applies to Studio version 15.
In some cases it has been reported that files from certain Sony cameras will have stuttering audio in the Edit mode. After playing the file once in the timeline the problem might seem to go away, but the stuttering returns after the project has been exported. Here is a list of camcorders that create files which seem to have this issue:
- Sony DCR-SR210
- Sony DCR-SR77
- Sony HDR-XR500
- Sony DCR-SR300
- Sony DCR-SR100
It is possible that this list is not complete. There are two possible resolutions:
Method #1: File Replacement
1. Download the file PCLEAC3Decoder.zip.
2. Extract PCLEAC3Decoder.ax from this zip file.
3. Browse to \Pinnacle\Studio 15\Programs. Here are the default locations for 32 and 64 bit Windows versions:
32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 15\Programs
64 Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 15\Programs
4. Copy PCLEAC3Decoder.ax into this folder to replace the existing file version.
5. Restart Studio and check if the problem is resolved.
Method #2: File Conversion
As a potential work-around you may be able to find 3rd party software which may be able to convert the files into a format that does not have this problem.