Mac OS X Leopard made some changes in how it searches for system files using Search Light. Rather than being able to search for system files over your entire Macintosh HD, you will need to perform the search directory by directory.
These instructions accommodate those chnages in order to fully remove Toast or other Roxio applications from your Mac with OS X Leopard.
Note: Before continuing, be sure you have a copy of your Toast or other Roxio application installer. This process is non-reversible.
- Open the Finder by clicking on your Desktop and selecting File -> Find.
- Click Macintosh HD from the Device list on the left.
- Double click the Library folder.
- In the search bar in the upper right, enter "Toast" and hit the "Return" key.
Note: if you wish to remove all Roxio software, you may want to search for "Roxio" as well.
- Above the Results area, click Library to search the Library folder.
- Delete the files (if any) including preferences and application files.
- Repeat steps 2 - 6 in the Macintosh HD directory for the Applications, Developer, System, and Users folders.