Internal Error 2203. C:\WINDOWS\Installer: cannot open database file
The above error indicates that an issue with the Windows installer service needs to be resolved before continuing to install your software. The issue in this case is that the Installer service has been turned off for whatever reason. The steps below will show you how to turn the service back on so you can complete your installation of PaintShop Pro.
You will first be required to access the Windows Run feature:
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories - Run (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
- Click Start > Run (Windows XP)
1. In the Run box type services.msc and click on OK
2. Scroll down to "Windows Installer" service and double-click on it
3. In the properties box, change the Startup type to Manual and click the Apply button. Then, you will want to click on the Start button and wait for the service to start before clicking the OK button.
4. Close the Services Window and run the installation of PaintShop Pro X4
Keywords: PSPX4, PaintShop Pro X4, 000011372, error 2203, "error 2203", 2203, psp