Since creating a slide show is a simple process, there are some basic things you should try:
- Install the latest Windows Update. While it's important to keep your operating system up to date, if you were to install only one update at a time, we'd recommend DirectX first.
- Make sure that you have plenty of space. As a general rule, you should have enough space if you double the size of your target media. For example, if your slideshow is going to a 4.7 gig DVD, then about 9.4 gigs of free disk space will be needed.
- Update your video card drivers from your video card manufacturer. To find out the manufacturer:
- Windows XP: Go to My Computer and choose Properties.
- Windows Vista: Go to Start --> Control Panel--> System and Maintenance --> Device Manager.
- Click on the Hardware tab.
- Select Device Manager
- Double-click Display Adapters. You're video card make and model is displayed.
- To find out the driver details (such as version), right click on the make and model under Display adapter, and select Properties.
- Make sure you have the latest updates for your software: