Adding photos and video clips:
- In the Add Content pane, click Add Photo/Video.
- In the Insert photos/videos dialog box, browse your computer for media files using the tabs at the upper-left of this dialog box.
- Select the photos and video clips you want to use, and then click Open. The media is shown in the Production Editor pane at the bottom of the VideoWave window.
Trimming video clips:
- Right-click on a video clip in theProduction Editor pane and select Trim.
- In the Video Trimmerdialog box, drag either the Start Point marker or End Point marker to change where the video clip starts or ends. You can also drag the Start Pointjob wheel or the End Point jog wheel left or right to the position the new start point or end point.
- After you are satisfied with the changes you made, click OK.
Adding transitions, overlays and video effects:
- In the Add Content pane, select Add Transition, Add Overlay or Add Video Effect.
- In the dialog box, click the arrow icon on any thumbnail to preview the effect.
- Click to select your desired effect and then click OK.
- From the options that appear, choose how you want to insert the transition.
Changing between Storyline and Timeline view:
- In the Production Editor pane, click Storyline or Timeline.
Tip: When you are in the Timeline view, you can choose the Timeline options from the View menu (Zoom In, Zoom Out, Tracks, or Snap Objects).
Working with markers in Timeline view:
Markers allow you to easily skip to a selected position in the movie. You can also use markers to define the beginning and end of a section to be deleted.
- To add a marker to your movie:
- Move the playback head to the position at which you want to add the marker, either by dragging, or using the Preview controls.
- On the Timeline marker track, click '+' (plus).
- To delete a marker in your movie:
- Click the marker you want to delete.
- On the Timeline marker track, click '-' (minus).
- To delete a section of your production between two markers:
- Add a marker at the beginning and end of the section to be deleted.
- Click the Timeline marker track between the two markers.
- On the Timeline marker track, click Trim selected section(s).
- Converting markers to chapters in MyDVD:
- In MyDVD, right-click the production whose markers you want to convert, and choose Edit Movie.
- Click Timeline to display the Timeline view.
- Right-click the marker you want to convert to a chapter, and choose Convert to chapter marker.
Automatic video color correction:
- Select your video clip in the Production Editor pane.
- Click the Auto-color button on the toolbar.
Tip: You can also manually color correct by clicking on the Settings button on the toolbar.
Outputting your production in different formats:
- SelectFile -> Output As.
- Click the button that matches how you want to output your production:
Video File: Save your production as a video file. You will be able to choose different types.
DV Camera: record the production on a DV camera that is connected to your computer.
TV/VCR:record the production on a TV or VCR that is connected to your computer.
E-mail: Save your production as an e-mail-friendly video clip, automatically attached to a new e-mail created message using your default e-mail program.
- Under Video file quality, choose one of the output settings.
- In the File name text box, type a name for your video file. To save the production in a location other than the one shown, click Browse.
- Click Create Video File to generate your production.
- Click Close to close the dialog box.