To restore the product to its factory defaults, follow the set of instructions listed below:
- For Windows XP/ Vista / 7 / 8: Press the Win [Windows key] + R on your keyboard. At the dialog box that opens, type regedit.exe and click the OK button: After clicking the OK button, the Windows UAC (User Account Control box) will prompt you to confirm you want to open Register Editor — select Yes
- Click on the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Click on the + next to Software.
- Right click on the Ability 5.0 folder and left click on rename. Call the folder Ability 5.0_Old.
- Click on the - next to Software
- Click on the - next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Close the registry editor.
- Reset your Corel Home Office configuration files:
For Windows XP:
In Open, Type %APPDATA% and click OK This will open a folder called Application Data
Within the Application Data folder, right click on Corel Home Office and left click the Renamemenu option.
Call the folder CHOOld and click OK
For Windows Vista and Windows 7/8:
Click on the Start button
Click on All Programs
Click on Accessories
Click on Run.
In the Open box, Type %APPDATA%
Click the OK bittpm This will open a folder called Application Data Roaming
In the Roaming folder, right click on the Corel Home Office folder and left click the Rename option.
Name the folder CHOOld
Close all files and folders on your screen and launch Corel Home Office.