This FAQ describes the process for transferring projects from the Avid Studio for iPad app to the new Pinnacle Studio for iPad app. This manual process for transferring projects is necessary due to security restrictions on the iPad that do not allow transfer of project data between the two applications.
To transfer projects from Avid Studio to Pinnacle Studio, we recommend using the utility iExplorer available at no charge from www.macroplant.com for both OS X and Windows.
- Download iExplorer from www.macroplant.com and install
- Connect your iPad to your computer and run iExplorer
You’ll see an Explorer/Finder style window that allows you to view the contents of your iPad.
Before transferring projects:
- Make sure to run the new Pinnacle Studio at least once before transferring any projects.
- Make sure to kill the Pinnacle Studio app before transferring:
- Exit Pinnacle Studio if it is running
- Double-tap the Home button on your iPad to bring up the list of background apps
- Tap-and-hold on the Pinnacle Studio icon until it starts to wiggle
- Tap on the minus (-) button on the Pinnacle Studio icon to kill it.
To transfer a project:
- Click the arrow next to Apps to open the list of apps on your iPad.
- Find Avid Studio under Apps and click on the arrow to open it.
- Click on the arrow next to Documents to open that folder
- Find Pinnacle Studio and click the arrow to open it.
- Drag-and-drop any project files from the Avid Studio Projects folder to the Pinnacle Studio Projects folder.
When you start Pinnacle Studio, the transferred projects will appear.