STEP 1: To safely remove Corel Painter 12 without using the uninstaller. Please follow the steps below:
- · Log on to a user account with administrative privileges since "Limited" or "Power User" accounts won't let Corel software install, uninstall, or run properly.
- · Disable your anti-virus/spyware, and firewall during this clean re-installation procedure
STEP 2: Windows XP: Manually delete Corel Painter 12 program folders from the hard drive.
- · Click Start | Run | type %appdata% and click OK.
- · Browse to the Corel folder. Highlight and delete the "Painter 12" folder.
- · Click Start | Run | type %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\corel\ and click OK. Highlight and delete the "Corel Painter 12" folder.
- · Click Start | Run type Explorer and click OK
- · Browse to X:\Program Files\Corel\Corel (X represents the drive where Corel Painter 12 had been installed).
- · Highlight and delete the Corel Painter 12 folder.
STEP 3: Remove Corel Painter 12 registry keys from the Windows Registry.
WARNING: Editing the Windows Registry is NOT recommended for those unfamiliar with registry editing. Be sure to backup the registry prior to making any changes.
- · Click Start | Run | type Regedit
Delete the following keys:
- · HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel\Painter\12.0
- · HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\COREL\Painter\12.0
- · HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\COREL\PCU\Licenses\540235477
STEP 4: Please make sure you restart your System, so that the changes will take affect.