The Gaussian Blur special effect in Corel PHOTO-PAINT is now available as a lens that lets you blur images non-destructively. When you create a lens, the changes you make are not applied to the image pixels; instead, they are displayed on the screen through the lens. The lens is created as a separate object on a layer above the image background so you can edit the lens and the background image separately.
The Gaussian Blur lens applied to this image can be hidden (left) and displayed (right) from the Object Manager docker.
To create a Gaussian Blur lens
- Click Object > Create > New lens.
- If you want to create a lens that covers only part of the image, first define an editable area by using one of the mask tools.
- Choose Gaussian blur from the Lens type list.
- Type a name in the Lens name box.
- Click OK.
- Move the Radius slider to adjust the amount of blurring.