*This article will provide you with workaround steps for importing your media clips from X4 to X5. You will not be able to directly import your Library from X4 into X5 due to incompatibility with the new interphase.
How to import libraries from VideoStudio Pro X4 to VideoStudio Pro X5:
If you upgraded from VideoStudio Pro X4 to VideoStudio Pro X5 and you want to transfer yourlibraries to VideoStudio Pro X5, here are the steps that you need to do.
1. Click on the first media clip thumbnail in the Library Panel;
2. Scroll down until you see the last media clip thumbnail;
3. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the last media clip thumbnail; this should highlight all the media clips in the Library Panel.
4. Release the Shift key, click and drag the highlighted media clip thumbnails into the Storyboard Panel.
5. Save the project as *.VSP.
6. Close VideoStudio Pro X4 and launch VideoStudio Pro X5.
7. Open the saved VSP project (step 5) with VideoStudio Pro X5.
8. In the Library Panel of VideoStudio Pro X5, click on Add icon to add a new folder called VSX4 library;
9. In the Storyboard Panel, click on the first media clip thumbnail and press Ctrl key + A key on your keyboard to highlight all the media clips;
10. Click and drag the highlighted media clip thumbnails into the VSX4 Library folder in the LibraryPanel.
11. Close the project.