When attempting to install Painter 12 or the Painter 12 SP1 and 12.1 updates on a Mac with OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) you may receive the following error:
Mac OS 10.8 includes a new security feature called GateKeeper which requires packages to contain digital signatures from the developers. Because this was not a requirement with earlier versions, these signatures may not exist in some of our programs or subsequent updates. As a result, these installations may be blocked.
To resolve this issue you will need to perform the following steps
- Either Right-Click or Control+Click the Painter 12 installer
- Choose Open
- Click Open again to confirm
- Proceed with the installation
- Open the Launchpad
- Open theSystem Preferences
- Go toSecurity & Privacy
- Click the lock in the bottom left to make changes
- Under the heading labeled Allow applications downloaded from:chooseAnywhere
- ClickAllow From Anywhere to confirm
You may now proceed to install Painter 12 and/or the subsequent program updates. It is recommended to restore the original security settings after the installation is complete.