This document outlines how to download, install and activate the download (ESD) version of your product.
PLEASE NOTE: This article is only for customers who have purchased the download (ESD) version and not the disc version. You will receive an order confirmation email when you complete your order. Included in this email is the download link(s) and serial number you will need to enter when installing the product.
In addition, if you already have the trial version of the application installed, please click here.
Downloading and installing your product (Download version):
- Click on the download link from your order confirmation email. When prompted, choose to Save the file to your computer. Please note the name of the folder where the file is being saved. This will begin the download process.
- When the download is complete, choose to Run the file if prompted. If not prompted, go to the folder where you saved the file, and double-click on the icon that is created. This will begin the installation process.
- Follow the steps on your screen to install the program.
- When prompted, indicate that you have a serial number and enter your Serial number in the space provided. You can copy the Serial number using Windows clipboard (CTRL-C) from your order confirmation email and paste (CTRL-V) it directly into the Serial number box. Click Next.
- Follow the rest of the steps to complete the installation.
IMPORTANT: Please read before installing Corel® WinDVD® 9
During your WinDVD 9 installation, you will come across a ‘Third Party Application Setup’ screen that recommends you install RealPlayer™ 6.0 and QuickTime® Player 7.1. If you already have a newer version of one or both of these players installed, deselect the application(s) from the checklist before continuing your WinDVD 9 installation.
Note: If you do not deselect these players and have newer versions installed on your computer, you may receive an error message saying that the installation cannot proceed while the newer version of the player is installed. This error message has nothing to do with the WinDVD 9 installation. This message means that the installation of RealPlayer 6.0 or QuickTime Player 7.1 is unnecessary because your computer already has a newer version of this player. Click OK. You may also receive a message saying that the installer encountered errors before the requested operations for this player could be completed. You may be told to run the installer again at a later time. Disregard this message. Click Finish to exit this installer. Click Finish to exit the WinDVD 9 installer. Your copy of WinDVD 9 will be correctly installed and you can start watching videos. (Some computers may need to be restarted in order for WinDVD 9 to play videos).
Note: During installation, if you do not enter the serial number you received after purchase, you can enter it later, but the product will initially run in trial mode and will affect how you can later activate the product.
Activating the product:
- Launch or close your product.
- From the Thank you for purchasing screen, click the Activate now button.
- If there is no active Internet connection, you will be prompted to either connect or phone Corel to activate.
- From the activation successful screen, choose to keep a record of the product activation information by choosing to Save to file or Pr