Below are instructions for manually removing WordPerfect Office X9 from your computer.
This article involves modifying the Windows Registry. It is recommended that you back up your registry before proceeding with this step. Follow the instructions in the following Microsoft KB Article for more information about the Windows Registry.
Alternatively, you can create a System Restore Point.
To create a restore point:
1. Open System by clicking the Start button , right- clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
2. In the left pane, click System protection. ...
3. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.
4. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.
Step 1: Use the Control Panel
In Windows 8.1 and earlier:
1. Open your Windows Control Panel, and select Programs and Features
a. You can open it on Windows 8 and 8.1 by pressing Windows + X and choosing control panel.
2. Select WordPerfect Office X9 from the list
3. Restart the computer
In Windows 10:
1. Click Start, then click Settings (gear icon to the left of the start menu)
2. Click Apps.
3. Double click on WordPerfect Office X9 and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall.
4. Restart the computer
NOTE: If this step fails, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Delete the Program Files and Folders
This step removes any files or folders that might have been left behind after the previous steps. It is advised that you remove all the folders listed. If a folder appears on the list but not on your computer, proceed to the next folder in the list..
Using Windows Explorer remove the following folders and any subfolders that each might have:
• C:\Program Files (X86)\Corel\WordPerfect Office X9
• C:\Program Files (X86)\Corel\WordPerfect Office X9 Setup Files
• C:\ProgramData\Corel\Wordperfect Office X9
• Note, if you cannot see C:\ProgramData, press Windows + R on your keyboard, then type “C:\ProgramData” and click OK to open it.
Removing cached install files:
1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press R
2. When the Run box appears, type in C:\Windows\Installer then press OK
3. Maximize this window by clicking the square in the upper right (beside the X)
4. Right click in the Name header, and click “Title”.
5. The title column now shows. Click on the word Title to sort by title.
6. Right click on each entry that begins with WordPerfect Office X9 and choose uninstall. If the entry remains behind, or you see an error when uninstalling, delete it.
Step 3: Deleting the Associated Registry Keys
1. Download “WordPerfect Office X9 Registry Cleanup.zip”
2. Double click on the downloaded file to open it
3. Double click on “WordPerfect Office X9 Registry Cleanup.reg” and give permission for it to be added to the registry. This file will remove the WordPerfect install entries.
Once you are finished, restart your computer and attempt to reinstall WordPerfect X9.