It has been experienced that some clients have been encountering issues when installing VideoStudio onto their Windows PC’s. This can occur during theinstallation or download of the individual components. When the error occurs, the following dialogue box will appear:
This error is typically caused after an update to Windows, where the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 components are left misconfigured, and the installation window cannot use the current configuration.
To correct this issue, perform the following steps:
1. On your keyboard, press the key combination of the Windows key + R
2. In the Run box that appears, type appwiz.cpl
3. Scroll through the available list to locate and uninstall C++ 2012 – Both 32 and 64 bit variants should be removed
4. Repeat Step 1
5. Erase the entry that currently is displayed and replace with regedit
6. Highlight Computer on the left hand side
7. Click File, then select Export
8. Provide a name of the backup file for the registry
9. When the backup is complete, Press CTRL+F or click Edit, then Find to search
10. Enter ca67548 and click Find Next
11. Search for and remove the entries, by pressing DEL on the keyboard or
right clicking the entry on the right and selecting Delete, relating to Package Cache and vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x32.exe.
NOTE: Be sure to press F3 on the keyboard to search for the next potential result.
Close the Registry when completed and Reboot the computer to commit the changes
Once the system is back on the desktop, run VideoStudio Stub installer from your downloads and try again. If you still get the error message, please reach out to our technical department for further assistance. http://support.corel.com