When using a Firewire connection to capture video, you may experience a crash dump in Windows10, or the camera will not be detected. To correct this. you will need to download the Microsoft Firewire 1394 Legacy Driver Installer. The link to the download page is below. If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows, be sure to choose the x64 download.
Microsoft Firewire 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver
Once downloaded, follow the steps below:
- Find where you downloaded the file to. It will have the filename 1394_OHCI_LegacyDriver.msi. Double click to install the package.
- NOTE: This install is very fast and it may not seem anything was done.
- Right click on the start button and select Device Manager
- Find the IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers in the list of devices and click on the + next to it.
- Right-click on the host controller node and choose "Update driver software ..."
- Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Choose "Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..."
- Choose Have Disk
- Navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\x64_driver
- Click OK
- Choose the option ”1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)” and click on Next to update the driver.
Once tis process is done, reboot the computer, plug the camera in, and launch VideoStudio.