Here is the procedure to uninstall CDGS 2021, including all locations where files/components may remain after a failed uninstall attempt
1. Restart your operating system to ensure everything is properly closed and complete any pending Windows updates successfully.
2. In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program.
3. Remove these programs in this particular order, if installed and available.
a. Corel Graphics - Windows Shell Extension
b. Ghostscript GPL 8.64
c. CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 (64-Bit) ensuring that Remove User Files is checked.
i. If the option for ‘Remove User Files’ is checked, application user files such as workspaces, application settings and preferences will be removed.
4. It is also recommended that you visually inspect the installation and user folders, as well as the user location in the registry (if possible) for files and entries that may have been left behind. If they have not been removed during the uninstall process, they may need to be manually deleted.
Below are the locations which you should look after uninstalling CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 (64-Bit). Look specifically for entries related to 2021; if you have earlier versions, other entries will exist.
Installed folder location (default):
User File location:
C:\Users\<accountname>\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021
Public File location:
All Users File location: (C:\ProgramData or C:\Users\All Users)
C:\Users\All Users\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021
Registry locations: It is strongly recommended to back up the Windows registry before using it.
Installer .msi components: C:\Windows\Installer folder
- This is a hidden folder, so you will need to type the path directly in a Windows Explorer window, or Run command.
- Set the display of the Windows Explorer window to show Details. Right-click on the column headings (e.g. Name) and enable the Title column. Click the Title heading to sort by title and scroll to the Corel installed applications.
- If there are any related CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 .msi files, do not delete them, as they will need to be uninstalled one at a time. To uninstall them, right-click on each and choose ‘Uninstall’. Repeat this until no more CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2021 .msi files are listed.
After the above steps, reboot the system.